CLUB MEMBER INSURANCE
Cycling is a fun, healthy activity, but it is not without its risks. For years our club has worked with the League of American Bicyclists to cover ourselves and our members and participants during club rides, special events, and off-bike activities.
The basic policy provides both general liability and participant accident policies.
What does the insurance cover for a club member?
Accident Medical Coverage: $10,000 per person per accident excess of a $500 per claim deductible and excess of any other valid and collectible insurance.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment: $5,000 per person per accident.
Who is covered?
- Members and volunteers of the club while participating in covered activities
- Invited guests while participating in their first club ride
- Registered special event participants
- Directors, officers, and employees of the club relative to covered activities
When does the insurance apply?
- All members of our club that have completed the enrollment process and have paid the appropriate premium are covered while participating in recreational bicycle rides and time trials where no participation fee is charged. First time invited guests are also covered for these activities. In order for a recreational bicycle ride or time trial to be covered, it must be a regularly scheduled ride that is conducted and supervised by the club.
- Registered participants (including volunteers) in recreational bicycle rides or time trials conducted by the insured club where a participation fee is charged (“special events”) but only if they are reported to American Specialty Insurance & Risk Services, Inc. prior to the event and the appropriate premium is paid.
- All attendees of bicycle education courses organized by an insured club that, upon enrollment, indicates it organizes bicycle education courses that include an on-bicycle component. Bicycle education course means a program of instruction focused on bicycle safety and related topics in which the attendees sign up, enroll, or register by name.
Insurance Incident Form