The wait is over!
Registration opens on Saturday, November 11, 2017 for the Coastal Cyclists Spring Century. What's that? You expected to see the "After the Bridge Run Ride?” Well, we've decided to host the ride not on the Sunday after the Bridge Run, but the following SATURDAY: April 14, 2018.
The reason is that we did not want to be in conflict with Assault on the Carolinas, a ride popular with lots of folks, including many Coastal Cyclists members.
If you're coming from out of town, you might actually find a hotel room available!
Here's the important stuff:
- The routes are expanded this year to full century (100 miles) and metric century (65 miles), plus 43 miles and 33 miles. Those of you familiar with the ride know that there are also easy options to do 73 miles and 25 miles.
- We'll again be riding out of Sewee Outpost in beautiful Awendaw, SC and into the Francis Marion National Forest. The routes are flat and have veeeery light traffic. So it's a great ride for the very experienced rider as well as the novice rider.
- The rest stops will be well stocked with snacks and drinks. We'll have SAG vehicles on the road and police assistance with the few highway crossings on the route.
- The race team will provide "ride guides"...riders who will take folks on the longer routes at established speeds, so you don't have to "find" a paceline that suits your speed.
- Based on your input, we'll return to having BBQ for lunch...the best BBQ the ride has ever had! And we'll be sure that there's plenty to satisfy the hungriest riders...including those who challenge themselves to do longer mileage and finish a bit later than most. We won't forget you!
- Everyone enjoyed the music last year during lunch, so we'll have some musical talent on hand this year as well.
- Everyone who registers to ride, and our appreciated volunteers, will receive a T-shirt with some great artwork.
- Registration is $40 for the early birds, until midnight on Sunday, December 31, 2017, and $50 thereafter. Day of the ride registration will be $60 if we have not yet reached the 600 rider ceiling.
So, go to Eventbrite.com and register while you're thinking about it. The ride has been growing each year, so this year we're limiting the size of the ride to 600. Don't be left out by waiting too long to commit.
-- Bob Markisello, President